Wednesday, January 12, 2011

FREE Business Cards?!?!

I thought I would start this blog out with journaling about my business start-up adventures. So far, it's gone really well. I've found ideas, gathered supplies, and begun to create a cohesive look for the future. And I know God is in this, for several reasons...one example is that I went into a fabric store to get some samples of muslin, and laying on the floor, in front of the muslin, was a 40% off coupon. Now, I already had a 40% off coupon, but my daughter was with me, so she was able to use this one. Anyway, things have gone really well. But yesterday, it was a snow day, my daughter was home from school, and I stayed home to be with her. So, I decided to take the time to order business cards. The website advertised "FREE". Now my husband & I had ordered cards from them before for his business, so I had some familiarity with their website. The cards were indeed free then, but you paid for shipping. I remember it being a couple of dollars. A second order cost a little more because we decided to not have their name on the back. A few more dollars. But yesterday, when I went to order MY business cards, they ended up being $20!! Things just added up. The designed I picked was a "premium" design, although I clicked on the "free" link. Add in a few dollars for full color, which is what attracted me to the design, and not black/white, which was the "free" part. Add in a few more dollars for my name on the back. Add in a few more dollars for "matte" finish. And finally, add in a few more dollars for shipping, 3 week shipping, the lowest & slowest offer on shipping they had. All that added up to $20 and change. I hope that I really like those business cards!