Sunday, February 27, 2011

It's a mind game!

It's been 3 weeks since I last posted, and I think the one thing I have learned through all of this (not including the whole postage debacle), is that starting a new business is really a mind game. Every morning and every night I pray for God's guidance in what I do for "In A Nutshell Store". I ask for wisdom on making the next move; I ask for boldness in taking the next step; I ask for His provision over the business as a whole; I ask for Him to be in the middle of everything that I am doing. But then, as soon as I am done praying, I start beating myself up. I'm not good-enough; I'm not an artist; I stink at all things financial; I don't deserve it - oh gosh, a whole host of things that I tell myself. In a sorts, it's like a tennis game. I serve with a prayer. I hit back with a negative thought. I hit back again with new move, and I hit back again with a mistake (like I made today - I stamped a letter BACKWARDS on an item that can't be replaced...I am thinking of creative solutions so that it is not a total loss!!) But this tennis game in my mind never ends. I am determined to win one day with a point for the positive side, a decisive end to the match!!
So, for the postive things today - I created an item, and both my husband and my daughter said "I like that" without even thinking about it. So, I know that it is one for the store. And one that can be recreated easily when sold. And one that doesn't require mega-postage. And one that I actually like. I did create another item, and it got a luke-warm response, but hey, it's a start. (The third item I created, ummm, that was the one with the backwards letter.) I refuse to lose...